Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bed Rest at Bear Lake



OK -so our bags were packed and we were on our way, I just had to go to a dr. appointment before we headed out for our week at Bear Lake. Well- 4 hours later I was sent home forbidden to go anywhere. (They said I was in pre-term Labor - they sent me home with some drugs and told me to stay in bed. HA) My family was so good about it, but after a couple days of being in bed and nothing happening I decided we should go anyway. (Don't tell my Dr.) I can do nothing at Bear Lake much easier than at home.



I love this boat!!! This is the very same boat that I rode on as a child, my dad completely restored it. Now my kids can experience that same thrill of sitting on the bow speeding through the water just like your flying. (way more thrilling than portrayed in the movie Titanic)"Don't worry Mom, we are not going out very far".

Then the wind came... Dave had to go rescue them -they were hysterical by the time he got to them. Good lesson learned.




It's always fun to catch-up with the Eyre's. We had a little family reunion with those of us who share that deep love for bear lake. It was fun to see cousins that I haven't seen in years.








I don't know how I feel about the "Stingray" since it has been outlawed for safety reasons, but the kids love it. It's a fun stable ride..... until the wind comes up and then it can take you 20 feet in the air just like that.







Every year he goes out a little deeper.
The girls had lots of Jam sessions . They wrote a ton of silly songs- watch for the album soon. It will blow "smelly cat" out of the water.Everybody loves the CANDY BAR game.So, I'm so glad we decided to go anyway. Now -I just have to explain the suntan to my Dr. Hee hee.

3 comments:

Mikol said...

I agree...it is so much easier to do nothing someplace other than home. Glad you got some time away along with your bed rest, shhh.

Lytles said...

What a great vacation! Great memories! You of course look great! You always look so good when you're pregnant! You deserve a little sunshine and family time!

Destiny said...

Jana, you still make me laugh. I can't believe how skinny you are. Destiny is Due on Aug. 5th and is so uncomfortable. I remember going to Bear Lake with your folks. What a beautiful place! And your family has so much tradition there. You sure are blessed!
Hey, check us out too, since it's been a few years; at thewilliamsfamilyadventures blogspot or catch me on facebook by using my full name Chad (Thomas) Williams. Best wishes to you and Dave! Looks like we are racing you to #5.