Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Baby Kate

It's a girl!!!
Kate Elizabeth Fotheringham
9/3/09 8lbs 20 inches
"I am not getting in that bed!!!!"
I spent most of my Labor walking the halls or bouncing on a birthing ball.
When she decided to come, she came QUICK!
What a relief!!!

I am so glad I got to experience natural childbirth. I could not have done it without all my cheerleaders- First Dave who is my strength! He gave me a blessing and I couldn't help but feel like everything was going to be just fine. Cousin Amy, who convinced me that I could do this in the first place. (you were so right about everything!) My sis/neighbor Annie, who held my hand the whole way. ( You made me feel tougher than I really am!) And all of my friends who shared their "going natural" experiences -you are all my heroes.




9 comments:

Amy K said...

Jana, you rock!!!! Way to go cuz. Don't you just feel like you could conquer anything? I am so happy for you and Dave and your whole family. Kate is so beautiful! Just like all your sweet kiddos. I can't wait to hear all the details of her birthday. What an amazing blessing. Glad all went well. Love you!

Lytles said...

Kate is so beautiful!!!! I'm so happy for you a girl! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I will give you a call soon! Congratulations to you and your family!

Mikol said...

Congrats!! Yay, she's here. She is so sweet. Hope you are all doing well and getting enough sleep.

Kelly said...

Congratulations!!!
I don't think that Dave knew it but he was texting Lance during and right after you had Kate, so we were routing for you all the way!!!! Way to go with the natural childbirth...you are my hero, I don't think I could ever go there! She is so beautiful what a gorgeous family! We need to get up there for a visit...
We sure love ya! Good Luck with a new little one!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness....Kate is sooooo beautiful!!!! That's Kamryns middle name too....I love Elizabeth!!!! I can't wait to see her!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is adorable. We are so excited for you guys! We miss you and will have to come up sometime to meet Kate.

Savannah Weidauer said...

Hey It's Savannah Congrats!!!!!! Oh she's sooooooo adorable Tell Bree hi for me!!!!!

Brandee & Julie said...

She is beautiful! And you really are my hero. I am so excited to have a friend for Ellie!

Jennifer said...

You are the toughest person I know besides my mom. I cannot believe you willingly had a natural childbirth but I highly admire you. She looks a lot like your other kiddos--YAY! (BTW my mom delivered 6 of 7 naturally!)