Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Due Date has come and gone!

I feel bad complaining because I could of had it -(yes, we still don't know the sex) by now. Yep- could have been induced two weeks ago. I have never been this pregnant before and for some reason I have this strong desire to do it the old fashion way.(well sort of) On some level (I guess) I want to know a little what my sweet grandmothers had to go through. (No ultrasound or Pitocin) Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a patient person. I have always peeked to see what the sex is and I have them hook up the pit A.S.A.P. I have never gone into Labor, or felt a painful contraction in my life.

I guess knowing this is my last ... I don't want to feel like I missed something. One day when one of my daughter's ask me --what does "going into labor" feel like? (hopefully-though it's not looking good) I will have experienced it. (Silly I know)

The things that are driving me crazy right now are:

-Because of the pre-term labor scares -I've been told this baby could come "any day now" for TWO MONTHS

-My body has been taunting me with hrs and hrs of pretty intense contractions only to stop when I start to take them seriously.

-I have one shirt that fits over my stomach- no bottoms- everything I have feels like it is cutting me in half.

-I have tried everything (except Castor oil) to induce Labor and NOTHING WORKS!

-It is so hard to plan things right now because you just never know if you're going to be around. (And my sweets friends and family who are trying to plan around this too have got to be about done.) Sorry guys

-did I mention ...IT'S SEPTEMBER.

-It has been brought to my attention (many times) that the average gestation period is 41 and 1/7th weeks- (just what every pregnant woman wants to hear)

-NESTING ha ...just to get it un-nested.



O.K. I'll stop. I know this is just a short time and when it's over -it's over. I'm sure there is a reason this kid has not come out yet -and when it's ready we will find someway to get it here. I've heard you shouldn't have expectations when it comes to childbirth -because it never goes the way you expect. I just need to to be patient and roll with it and somehow enjoy the emotional roller coaster ride.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you try jumping on the trampoline yet? heehee. I didn't try castor oil either, but my kids were getting too big and so Sydney and Phillip were induced. (Actually, Phillip had stopped moving!) So sorry--wish there was something you could take to knock you out until the baby was here ;->

Tracey said...

Hang in there! I used caster oil mixed with orange juice with #3 when I was 5 days over, and it worked (I didn't find it terrible). Adam came 7 days over by just waiting (I had preterm labor stuff with him too and was on modified bed rest, HA!). With the births that I've attended with my doula clients, labor without Pit induction is much "easier." I hope that you are able to experience the type of birth that you want. It is definitely a race of endurance, so rest up. Here's the link that I share with my "over due" clients who want ideas to help get things (hopefully) moving along www.givingbirthnaturally.com/natural-ways-to-induce-labor.html If you can get it at the library, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth is full of uplifting natural childbirth stories. I'm about a week away from my due date and it's what I'm reading now to get "my head in the game" ;)

Becky said...

I say......Since this is your "last kid".....ENJOY every last moment you have of being pregnant!!!!!! Embrace the contractions!!!! Just BE!!!!!! I love you and I can't wait to hear about natural childbirth through your eyes!!!!