Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'll pay 1,000 bucks to potty train this kid

O.K. so I don't have an extra thousand bucks right now, but can you put a price on your sanity anyway? I have spent way more time in the bathroom than any sane person should. I have tried everything potty parties, potty presents, hours in the bathroom(he can hold it forever), putting Cheerios in the potty to pee on, taking away his computer games that he loves, and yes no birthday party.( I have a month and a half to dig my way out of that hole). My favorite thing right now is my little green machine(carpet cleaner). I've heard that boys are harder but really this much? Oh yeah I'm also trying to teach myself photo shop right now which is equally as frustrating. Somethings gotta give. I'm sure this is all to teach me patience and long suffering. And I know there are way worse things (real tragedies) but I just had to vent!! I'll try to be more positive next time!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

You are hilarious!!! I can attest boys are harder! It took me 2 months to get Easton trained and he still has accidents every once in a while! Hang in ther, he'll get it.

Alicia said...

I feel for you, that is so frustrating, the worst thing is you know they know how to do it!! It's like they want to torture you. He will suprise you one day and just do it!!

Kelly said...

Jana,
I am so excited you have a blog, we will definitely stay in touch better this way... so good to hear from you... okay, boy potty training has got to be the worst. Have you tried the cheerio's shoot, or sitting him there backwards and reading his favorite story. Just some suggestions. I do have more, who knows if they all work though!!!
Love ya
Kelly

Bonnie said...

Oh this brings back so many memories. Wow, I wish I had some marvelous advice or some great trick but like Alicia said, I bet he'll just decide one day and do it. Good luck!

Jamie said...

Your blog is darling! I hate potty training. I think it is a serious form of torture for moms. I don't envy you at all. I wish I had some advice for you, but the only thing that worked for Max was when we went camping and he thought it was cool to pee outside. Maybe you should try that!! Hahaha. It would give your neighbor's a good laugh.

Shelley said...

Tell Dave that there is nothing to be afraid of!

Anne said...

I love the title of this post! It just makes me laugh. I adore the picture more. It's just like he is saying...."I get it, but I won't do it." SOOOOOO funny! You captured the moment to the tee! Hang in there!